Thursday 23 August 2012

Baileys Deli and Coffee Shop


For more information about Baileys Deli click here

Back in June I visited the Corner Gallery where I had some paintings that a new deli was opening just a few doors away that very morning. I was delighted to find a little taste of Borough market with artisan breads, olives, prosciutto etc to sample and came away with a few tasty goodies.

On Aug 18th Baileys held a tasting day. It was also a fund raising event in aid of St Christopher's Hospice. It was a fine day so there were chairs and tables outside and a big table with a range of delicious artisan organic breads from Flour Power City on offer to sample.

I had a good coffee, organic and Fairtrade from Green Cup They collect the used grounds and recycle them to make into slug and snail resistant compost for the garden which is a great idea. I put my coffee grounds onto the compost on some of my outdoor potted plants.

Artisan organic breads from Flour Power City Bakery
above 'Guess the Weight' of the Hoxton Rye loaf

The tomato and olive bread was my favourite.


 and the almond croissants...

In my next post I will show you the cakes.

2 comments:

Zuda Gay Pease said...

What lovely breads! I would love to try them all.

baahar said...

Great pics ! I would love to 'assist' you in your research :)